Monday 1 March 2010

Will Spring bring us a baby?

I don't often talk about this as I don't want to be a bore but today I just can't help myself. My hubby and I have been trying for a baby for the last 3 years or so... anyway tomorrow we see the consultant for our first appointment for IVF and we will find out when we start our treatment. It's all so close now and i'm feeling really emotional I needed to blog.. sorry! It's wonderfully sunny outside and I was walking to work thinking how fab it would be to be pregnant in a few months time, I had to stop myself bursting into tears with anticipation.

Ask me how I'm feeling about it most days and I just cry with fright and other days (like today) i'm feeling quite excited (there are not many days like this i'm afraid). Why am I scared of something that will hopefully give us something so wonderful? because I so never wanted it to happen like this, IVF is extremely invasive and a minor detail - i'm needle phobic. For 31 years I did everything for it not to happen but then I met a wonderful man who I married and I stupidly thought it would happen when I wanted it to.... story is it didn't! Anyway we see this man tomorrow who will (fingers & toes crossed) hopefully give us the gift of a family, what an amazing job he has! xx

4 comments:

  1. Hope everything goes well for you. x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers and toes crossed here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed too. My friend is pregnant with her 2nd baby through IVF :D
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck for tomorrow. I really hope it works out for you. I hate needles too!! Lots of love and I'm crossing everything for you. Anna x x

    ReplyDelete