Tuesday 9 March 2010

Its that time again folks when i put a fellow folksy member under the spotlight...
Let's get to know our lovely Sophie aka Frankie

Could you start by introducing yourself and describing what you make?
My name's Sophie. I make jewellery, mainly using sterling silver and semi-precious gems.

What influences your designs? Anything and everything!


What do you love the most about what you do?

Everything :) I love the use of colour in my work - I'd like to think I've got quite a good eye for it, and I love mixing and matching different colours. Also love looking over finished pieces, it makes me feel proud :)



Where can we buy what you make? In my folksy shop
Do you have a blog where we can follow you? Yep - http://www.sophiefranck.blogspot.com/

What are you doing when you are not crafting?
Working! But as well as that I love spending time with my friends and my boyfriend, either chilling out at home or at the pub/cinema. Also love shopping, not that it's any surprise.


What are your ambitions for the future in terms of your jewellery making?
I've recently started playing with art clay silver, which I really enjoy. I'd like to do another course in it, and maybe a silversmithing course. Would also love to try out resin jewellery, it looks like so much fun.

Easter Eggs or Cake? Cake
Carousel or Roller Coaster? Carousel

Matthew Mcconaughey or Brad Pitt?

I'm going to cheat here...Johnny Depp :)


(funnily enough I did have Johnny Depp written down but I deleted him.. sorry Johnny x )



Planned or spontaneous? Both!


What's your favourite film? I have too many I could possibly list. Little Miss Sunshine, Edward Scissorhands, Stand By Me, The Notebook...to name but a few.


If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

Japan seems like a cool place to visit.



You are a nanny so you must have some funny stories, can you can share any with us?
One thing that pops into my head is something that happened when I first started working for this family. I was taking the kids to school one morning and we'd just come out of the house. One of them turns to me and said, "ooh, it's a bit froggy!". I had no idea what he was talking about, then realised he meant it was FOGGY. He also later claimed that Stephanie from lazytown wears a 'twig' on her head, he clearly meant 'wig'...very cute.

Finally, tell us one thing we would not know about you..
As well as jewellery making I also love performing, and have been doing stage shows since I was 6. I've even performed in the West End, which was really fun!


Thanks Sophie xx


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for interviewing me, I enjoyed answering your questions :) xx

    ReplyDelete